It’s been awhile since I’ve tried a coupon or “deal” app and boy was it worth the wait! CouponCabin has a little bit of everything all in one convenient spot. Let me start this review by saying that I am not a hard core couponer. I have cut coupons and used them consistently in the past but I’ve never mastered the art of doubling them or using one store’s circulars to get the best price at another store. I used to get the newspaper each week and save a little money on groceries but life got busy and I’ve fallen out of the habit of using coupons. That might very well change though thanks to this new app….
The CouponCabin app comes from the CouponCabin website. The website is also new to me, but it’s definitely bookmarked now because here you can see online codes, grocery coupons and retail store printable coupons all in one spot. One of the reasons that I fell out of the habit of couponing was that it became too time consuming for me. A service like this makes it easy to save money. So what about the CouponCabin app? The first thing you’ll notice is that the layout and design are clean and easy to follow. All of the main coupon categories are laid out on the home screen and each has their own button. Tap a button and it will take you to that particular category where you can explore the available offers and go from there.
- Coupon Codes – This section is where you will find coupon codes for online websites. The app displays them so that you can see what is available for each store, including the number of offers available, the top offer and the average savings from that code. When you view an offer in more detail you’ll find out how long it is valid as well as the success rate other users have had. You can view the coupon directly from the app, send it to yourself (via text, email, Facebook or Twitter), mark it as a favorite or schedule a reminder to pop up later.
- Printables – Here you will find the printable coupons for retailers like Build-A-Bear Workshop, Carters, Aeropostale and more. Detailed coupon information includes the expiration date and success rate and you can perform the same actions with these coupons (share, favorite, schedule reminder). When you get a coupon in the Printables section it may pull up in a browser window within the app but it will most likely suggest you email the coupon to yourself to print later. That way you’ll ensure it will be accepted since some stores don’t accept mobile coupons.
- Grocery – I love the fact that you can get grocery coupons in this app. The available brands are shown, along with the number of offers available. These coupons will need to be emailed to yourself so you can print them out and take them to the grocery store.
- Deals – The deals section displays current deals on a variety of products. At the time I was reviewing the app I found deals on televisions, dvd box sets, pajamas from Lands End and even a Vera Bradley bag. Tapping on the deal will take you directly to the online shopping page for that product and you can purchase it immediately.
- Local – Using your current location CouponCabin will pull up deals in your surrounding area. This is a terrific way to find out what type of sales are happening nearby and support your local businesses.
- Gas Prices – I thought this section was fantastic! Again, the app takes your current location but now it displays the current gas prices at nearby gas stations. If you have enough gas to drive a little farther you might be able to save a decent amount of money at the tank using this app. This will definitely come in handy when we are traveling and away from the stations we know always have the best prices.
- Freebies – The Freebies section works like the other coupon/deal sections of the app but it focuses on things free deals.
- Coupons for Troops – CouponCabin runs a wonderful program where they collect coupons to send to our troops. You can read details about the program on the website and the app also contains information.
I really am impressed with all that’s packed into CouponCabin. The great thing is that it doesn’t feel crowded within the app. You can still easily sort through the coupons and deals. The developers have done a nice job making sure everything is easy to view and the app can be searched so you’ll be able to easily find your favorite stores and products. Whether you’re a seasoned couponer, somewhat out of practice like myself or a newbie you’ll definitely find much to like in the CouponCabin!
Price when Reviewed: Free
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Seller: Coupon Cabin LLC