I don’t know about you, but while I like to stay on top of current events it’s often hard for me to find the time to sit down and read up on the news. When I do have a minute, usually while I’m sitting in my car waiting for something or someone, I tend to visit the same website over and over. This works, but it grow a little stale. Enter The Daily Mom. The app collects news (and more) from a variety of sources and presents the top headlines in one easy to find place. Instead of going from website to website I can hop on the app, take a quick look and come away with an understanding of what’s going on in the world.
Being able to easily access and digest the news is wonderful but The Daily Mom takes it even farther. The app contains twelve categories, each with information that is neatly organized and continually updated so it stays current and relevant. The app’s home screen features a wheel showing the different category names. Spin the wheel to a certain category and a feature from that section appears on the home screen. It’s a perfect way to get a taste of what’s going on when you only have a minute or two. Below is a list of what you’ll find in News and More.
- News – Top news stories are updated every hour and breaking news stories are brought in from twitter feeds.
- Blogs – Posts from popular blogs around the internet are divided into four categories: Family, Fashion, Money and Home.
- Tip – Read a helpful tip of the day.
- Weather – Using your location, The Daily Mom provides your weather forecast and current conditions.
- Tidbit – Find out an interesting bit of trivia in the Tidbit section.
- Celebs – Entertainment news that has been collected from around the internet.
- Health – This section includes stories on both Health and Fitness topics.
- Media – Not to be confused with Celebs, Media focuses more on the actual movies and television shows themselves.
- Joke – A daily joke that you can tell your kids. I love the joke idea! I’m going to start including them in my 3rd grade son’s lunch.
- Countdown – This section counts down the days to both mainstream holidays and the lesser known celebration days. Feel like planning a celebration for Belly Laugh Day anyone?
I have found The Daily Mom- News and More to be the perfect answer to my need for little bits of information here and there throughout the day. The apps design and graphics are completely appealing to me (already established!) plus the the ease of use and value it adds to my life make it an app I’ll definitely be recommending to friends. Home Run!
Disclosure: I received a free copy of this app for review purposes.